Friday, April 11, 2008



Hi Everyone:


We'll we left the MTC (note pictures of our last day of MTC with the Harriet Nye (for Claudia) Building, the Gibbons, and my favorite picture of "Hurray for Israel" on Sunday after conference for the wide and very long US for Florida. Monday, we went through a terrible snow storm in Vale, Colorado. It lasted a good two or three hours, but we made it. We headed for Independence, Mo where Tom and Carol Clifton are serving a mission. We spent the night with them and they took us around to Adam-ondi-Ahman, Far West Temple Site, Liberty Jail and the RLDS Temple. All so very interesting. You should all read up on Church history. I was amazed at what I don't know. Elder and Sister Clifton take tours through the Liberty jail and do many other things too. They were so nice to us. We had a lot of fun catching up on things. We went across several states after we left Utah – Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and finally Florida. We passed over the Missouri River, the Ohio River, The Bridge that Billy Jo Macalister jumped off of, (Tallahatchie Bridge) and the Swany River. We went through beautiful Kentucky hills with blossoms of purple, yellow, white and pink. Most of the trees had leaves and everything was green. Kansas was long a bare. We did not have bad weather in any state except Colorado. It was beautiful. The longest part was getting to Naples, Florida which is where we are staying tonight before we go to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow, Saturday.

The Lord is truly blessing us as we travel and negotiate the traffic in the big cities. It was not so bad. We came across some signs at a place we stopped to eat that just fit our children.

Daniele – “So I’m not Betty Crocker- Deal with It”

Noelle – “I can only handle one person’s problem at once and today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn’t look good either.

Tiffiny – “I’m a beautician – not a magician!”

Jory – “Don’t start cleaning up my mess. It alters my lifestyle!”

Rhet – “When I die, ask my wife to bury me by Wal-Mart, so she will visit me once in a while!”

Eric – “For argument’s sake, let’s just assume I’m right!”

Shay – “If you listen carefully, you’ll notice I’m funny”

Hi to my sister Pam (who lets me call her anytime) and all of my friends Kathy and Pat and Lynn and Angela that I haven’t had time to write to. Thank you for your love and support and thanks to LaRae, Claudia, Peggy, Kaye and Jeanne! I love you all!
My address is Florida Fort Lauderdale mission
7951 SW 6th Street #110
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33324-3211
My number is 208-390-7329. I have free weekend minutes



No comments: